The VOLUME Summer Program is a service-based, hands-on learning experience for high school students hoping to pursue careers in medicine, nursing, rehabilitative therapies, special education or social work. Participants have the opportunity to work one-on-one with the Hospital’s pediatric patients at bedside and in special education classrooms. VOLUME also includes educational presentations, skill and character-building activities and an opportunity for job shadowing.
- Those applying for the 2022 program must be enrolling in 12th grade during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Applicants must commit to attending all sessions, only two absences are allowed.
- Selected participants must receive certain required immunizations and Tuberculosis (TB) tests.
- Submit a completed online application, including an uploaded copy of the applicant’s immunization records.
- Include one online recommendation. The recommendation should be completed by someone who can speak to the applicant’s character, work ethic and ability to show compassion to others. Appropriate recommenders include teachers, coaches, academic counselors, small group leaders, pastors, or those who have supervised the applicant in an employment or volunteer role. Recommenders should not be family members, boyfriends/girlfriends or friends. Applications will not be considered complete until the recommendation is submitted.
- Those accepted into the VOLUME Summer Program will be required to provide documentation that they have received the vaccine for
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) twice in their lifetime and the vaccine for MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) twice in their lifetime.
- Participants also will be required to receive two skin tests for Tuberculosis (TB), which can be administered at no cost by Bethany Children’s Health Center.
To accommodate the VOLUME program with COVID-19 precautions, The 2022 VOLUME Summer Program will be offered in one session of 12 students. VOLUME will be conducted in the follow session:
- 2022 Session (Class VIII): Monday, June 6th through Thursday, June 23rd. Participants will meet daily (Monday through Thursday) for three weeks from 8:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each day. The first day of VOLUME (Monday, June 6th) is mandatory. Students should not apply if they cannot attend June 6th in its entirety.
Due to COVID restrictions, we are currently only accepting 12 individuals for the VOLUME program. Space is limited!
All applications are due by April 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm.