Bethany Children’s Health Center strives to provide excellent care to the patients and families we serve. Families, patients, and the healthcare team work together to ensure their hospital experience is as positive, nurturing, and productive as possible.
It’s normal to have questions about how to prepare for your child’s stay, what to expect during your stay, and more. Your child will have a social worker dedicated to helping you and your family navigate the hospital and interact with the healthcare team. Our staff is dedicated to providing patient and family centered care, so please feel free to ask questions as needed. You can also look at the online resources below for information:
- What to Expect – Answers to many common questions about your child’s stay
- Virtual Tour – A sneak peek into patient and family spaces, and other places you can visit during your stay
- About Bethany – Information on travel to Bethany and the Oklahoma City Metro area
- Directions – Planning your travel to Bethany Children’s Health Center
- Video Library – Patient stories, parent testimonials, department highlights and more
- Brochure Library – Downloadable information on Bethany Children’s Health Center Programs and Services
- Our Medical Team – Get to know our medical team and see our list of specialists
- Patient Referral page – Forms, brochures and other downloadable information
- Outpatient Services – Specialty pediatric services and rehabilitative therapies
- Smart Home – Smart homes featuring enabling and assistive technologies. Learn more and schedule a tour.
- Family Training Resources – Schedule family training and access home training videos & handouts
Still have questions? Please contact our Care Coordination Team at 405.789.6711 ext. 1300. We’re happy to help!
An important part of many patients’ journey is a celebration of milestones reached during their stay.
What Parents Say
Success at Home
Our hospital’s policies and procedures are shaped with input from families and patients, and we provide several different ways to participate in various support resources.
Family Training Resources
A peer-based support network connecting families with similar experiences for emotional support and encouragement. Are you new to Bethany Children’s Health Center and want to know what to expect from another parent’s perspective? Would you like to connect with another family who has a child with a similar diagnosis? Are you preparing for discharge and want to talk to a family who has already taken their child home? Or are you a family member wanting to offer your support and knowledge to another family? Family Connections may be for you!
Fill Your Cup
Fill Your Cup is a confidential support group for parents and caregivers of children with ongoing medical needs. These groups are open to parents and caregivers of both inpatients and outpatients. A variety of coffee, tea and hot chocolate options are available while caregivers debrief on the experience of helping a loved one experiencing complex medical issues.
Sibshops (Currently unavailable, but check back soon!)
Sibshops provides opportunities for siblings of children with special health needs to receive peer support and encouragement in a recreational group setting. Sibshops are available to siblings of inpatient and outpatient children receiving care at the Hospital. Children ages 7-11 are active participants in the group and children ages 12-15 participate as peer facilitators. Sibshops are a lively event in which children have fun, play games and partake in activities that encourage them to talk about what it’s like to have a brother or sister with special health needs.
Family Advisory Council
Building bridges between patients, families and the healthcare team, the Family Advisory Council (FAC) focuses on improving the care of the patient by encouraging open communication between families and staff. For information about becoming a member of the FAC, please call 405.440.6763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.