Our team consists of occupational, physical therapists and speech language pathologists with the unique expertise to support children with complex medical needs. All our clinicians have experience utilizing the tools, interventions and equipment designed to best serve this population. We strive to include both traditional and non-traditional interventions as supported by the most recent research in each of our fields.
Because we believe in breaking down barriers that limit function, Bethany Children’s Health Center’s Outpatient Therapy department dedicates itself to serve children with complex medical needs, their families and caregivers, and their communities.
- Support: Our priority is to support patients, families, and the community to promote the mental and physical development of children with complex medical needs.
- Educate: Our goal is to educate all members of the child’s team on the specialized services needed to maximize their potential and ensure they thrive in their own communities.
- Resources: Our vision is to serve as a resource center by providing education and access to the specialized equipment and services necessary to support children with complex medical needs.
- Value: Our team acknowledges the unique contribution of each individual involved in a child’s care and values collaboration between all medical professionals, community members and the family.
- Empower: Our belief is family provides an irreplaceable role in the continued success of the child, so we strive to empower families to independently support the progress of their child across environments.
Our clinic is designed to best serve children with complex medical needs, and our priorities are those patients who require the specialized services unique to us.
These could include specialty certifications such as:
- Vital Stim
- Sequential Oral Sensory
- Beckman Oral Motor
- Passy Muir Center of Excellence
- LAMP Certified
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Assistive Technology Professional
- Fieldwork educator and Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Infant Massage
- Dynamic Movement Intervention
This could also include specialty equipment and interventions such as:
- Functional Electrical Stimulation
- Constraint Induced Movement Therapy
- Durable Medical Equipment assessment
- Serial Casting
- Aquatic therapy
- Vibration plate
- Speaking Valves
- Swallow Studies
- AAC evaluations